The Willingale Family Society was formed on 30th June 2002 with the purpose to identify all Willingales that have lived, and to promote and maintain an interest in the history of Willingale families, and to help preserve our history for future generations.
The Society is open to anyone with an interest in the Willingale family; it is governed by committee.
The main benefit of joining the Society is access to the Members Area, which contains our full family tree, along with the Willingale Archive, a collection of over 1,500 photos, documents and press cuttings detailing our history.
To run the Society efficiently for the benefit of its members it is necessary to cover costs by charging a small annual subscription, as detailed below.
Annual Subscriptions £ 12.50
Annual subscriptions are due on 31st July each year, the subscription period running from 1st August to 31st July each year.
** PAYMENT IS ONLY ACCEPTABLE IN BRITISH £ STERLING **
(For overseas members, payment in Sterling can be effected by a Sterling bankers Draft or a Travelex Cheque if you don’t have direct access to a Sterling bank account)
Joining / Renewing
To join or renew your Membership please write to
The Membership Secretary,
24 Highgrove Road
or use this membership application form
All payments should be made payable to Willingale Family Society, please ensure you write your name & address on the reverse of all cheques.
Benefits of Membership
- 6 monthly journal, The Lopping Times, detailing our research and articles concerning the Willingale family, usually around 16 to 18 pages in length. Journals are published November and in May. Back issues are available to download from the members area of our website.
- firstname.lastname@example.org email address (subject to availability),
- access to all our resources in the members area of our website www.willingale.org (for those of you without internet access, we can provide hard copies of any information from the website). The members area includes the full family tree of over 10,000 people, plus over 1,500 assorted documents, photos and press cuttings etc are held in the online Willingale Archive.
- We also anticipate holding a social get-together at around once every other year
- Please see membership conditions here.
We also offer members and non members the following items
- We can supply an A3 size printed family trees of your branch of the Willingale family tree for £40
- Keith Willingale, who owns a vineyard in Wiltshire also produces a White Wine with a commemorative label depicting the famous Loppers of Epping Forest. We can offer a case of 6 bottles for £65
- Additional copies of our special colour 48 page anniversary journal are available for £30 each
Membership funds contribute to the cost of running this website, organising our regular WFS get togethers, producing the Lopping Times our twice yearly journal and our ongoing research into Willingale family history.
Funds from the society were also used to make a contribution to the blue heritage plaque for Thomas Willingale, that Loughton Town Council erected at St Johns Church, Loughton, where Thomas Willingale was buried.
Please note we do not offer a facility to trace individuals.